Monday, January 5, 2009

Right Now...

Out of my window: It is sunny and beautiful outside; a crisp cool day that started out with rain, one of my favorites.
I am wearing: Jeans, a long sleeve shirt, sweatshirt, going to put socks on because the tile is cold and I have been freezing all day long!
I am hearing: The after school chatter and my kids crunching tortilla chips, the healthy afternoon snack of choice!
I am thinking: That there is still some fudge in my fridge that is just calling my name. That I am going to make some chocolate chip banana muffins with the bananas going brown on the counter, or I may just toss them like usual.
I am thankful for: Emily being so happy to go back to school today! My God, my family, my friends, my warm home, the hundreds of thousands of dollars that our
church collected for Darfur and clean water over Christmas, the decorations nestled all snug in their bins until November, and the overflowing bin of things to take to Goodwill (where does all of this stuff come from? Seriously, we take a bin to Goodwill at least every month).
I am creating:
Project 365, the idea of taking a picture every day and journaling just a little bit, so that I will have a record of an entire year with little work... really great idea! A plan for taking pictures of my friend's one week old son tomorrow. I have so many ideas, I have to get them all on paper so I don't forget!
I am going: To fold the sheets that just finished drying and get Em started on homework.
I am hoping: That Game Crazy still has the Rock Band 2 game for Wii, we've gotten through all of Rock Band 1 and can't wait to play the new songs.
I am reading: Magazines that were passed on to me. I didn't get involved in any books over the holidays and the library changed hours and was closed today.
Around the house: There are signs of the happy family that lives here and the love that we share!
One of my favorite things: Drinking hot chocolate on a cool day like this, snuggled inside with my family!
A few plans for the rest of the week: Photoshoot tomorrow of sweet Jack (maybe some of Max too!), hopefully re-painting Emily's room, maybe re-painting master bath, more sorting and purging, creating, playing with the kids, taking my mom to the ortho for her check-up (she broke her humorous bone (the ball of her shoulder) in three places on Dec. 19 and isn't able to drive or work; finish Christmas thank yous, relax and enjoy the start of 2009!

I saw this idea on one of the blogs that I read and thought it was a great way to post without putting much effort into thinking of a subject!

Happy Monday!
A

No comments: