Thursday, March 13, 2008

Welcome Spring



This is the first rose in our backyard this year. I was outside with the kids today and there it was greeting us-I couldn't help but take a picture. It's been a cold winter for us here in AZ. I know most people would love the winter weather that we have, and I would love cooler summers that allow us to enjoy the roses in our backyard from our patio, not our windows. It's just a difference in location... we chose here and "cold" or really, really hot, we're happy.

I'm happy that it's spring. I love this time of year almost as much as fall, and I love to have my windows open. There's something about the breeze blowing through the house and the smell of a great candle-currently fresh orange! It puts a little spring in my step and makes me feel a little more energized... seriously!

If your neighborhood isn't welcoming spring yet, enjoy our rose... yours are coming... probably when we're experiencing 100*... not too long from now!

As for life without pacifiers... it was no big deal to Ethan. He's a superstar, I didn't give him enough credit. The first night he cried for seven minutes (Nick timed him, I was off playing bunco!), and he's been absolutely fine since! He caught his first fish last night with Papa Dana at our neighborhood lake! He was very afraid and wanted nothing to do with a 15 inch catfish!

Em is on spring break next week. She's got grandparent sleepovers lined up and is going to have a blast! I can't believe that 3/4 of first grade is behind us... wow!

Have a great weekend!


Happy Thursday!

A

1 comment:

Tootie said...

I love spring too. While your posting roses, though, I'd have to post the three inches of snow I'm watching outside my window. Still falling. . .