Monday, June 2, 2008

A great summer kick-off...

What a way to start the summer!!! We spent all of last week in San Diego, and we had the most amazing time ever! It was the perfect way to start off the summer, just the four of us, and just what we needed! This year has been especially busy for us... adjusting to Nick's school schedule and the time demands that come with it, me not feeling well for so long, then having surgery and recovery time, all of the school and family/ friend commitments that we have had... we needed a vacation!
I think the best part about our vacation was that the kids had a blast and they got along so well. They usually do, but they are siblings, you know... it was just so relaxing and I'm sure that they felt a sense of relief also! Most of the time, we didn't even know what time it was... Nick and I would say "What time is it?" to each other, to be answered with "Don't know, don't care."
Our resort was amazing (thank you, dear friends for the advice... we finally listened!), right in the bay with a private beach, amazing grounds, and the pool was awesome for the kids! We took the kids scooters and bikes and they rode around the resort for hours, while we walked behind them, just enjoying being there! When we ate at the bayside restaurant at the resort, the kids would ride their scooters and park them right by the entrance, then we would load up and ride some more! Most mornings Nick and I would sit in the grass and drink our coffee and the kids would ride around, usually in their pajamas, it was so great! We were less than a mile from Sea World... yes, we ended up going to Sea World... even though we didn't plan on it! We spent Tuesday at the San Diego Zoo and we had so much fun there, the kids loved it! Tuesday evening was special to us (see post below)! Wednesday afternoon we went to Sea World, and then we picked up Nick's mom from the airport and she went to Sea World with us on Thursday! She had never been and it was easy for her to fly over, and we are so happy that she did! We had breakfast with Elmo, Big Bird, Ernie, Zoe, Telly and Cookie Monster!
I couldn't even begin to tell you all of the great things that we did and all of the fun that we had, so I'll let some pictures do the talking! We took so many great pictures, I'll add a slideshow later.
The kids and I had breakfast with my dad today... always fun! We both talked about our trips, he and a friend were in North Carolina for the Nascar race last weekend, and we had a great breakfast! The kids were especially excited to see him after a couple of weeks!
Happy Birthday to me today!

Happy Monday!
A



3 comments:

Branton Family said...

How fun! I am so happy you had a great trip and birthday. I missed you! Love, Amy

The Drama Mama said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ANGIE,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!


I hope you had a great day today, birthday girl!!

And great pictures...it sounds like you guys had an awesome trip! YAY!!!

Anonymous said...

I seriously just adore your cute little family! I watch you guys with your kids and with each other and it makes me so happy that I'm married and will be starting my own family. I really look up to you guys...you have something amazing and it shows! I'm glad your vacation was enjoyed! See you soon, Love you guys :)