Sunday, December 7, 2008
This video was played in church today. It is amazing how your perspective can change once something is put so simply. We are going to be helping with water in Darfur and with the AIDS pandemic. My first thought was 'Why don't we get involved in something less visible?' because it seems like everybody is giving money to Darfur... it's everywhere. Then I started to think about it and realized that the leadership of our church has been praying about this for a long time and the decision was not made lightly, I'm sure of it. I also started to think of the other changes that will come from the possible elimination of these two devastating issues.
I can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't have the chance to give my children clean water, and it's something that we take for granted every single day. We are so blessed to have all of the luxuries that we have... seriously. I can't stop thinking about it.
This video is worth watching. You'll need to pause the music at the very bottom of this page.
Happy Sunday!
A
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment