i dig crafts. paint, paper, buttons, ribbons, fabric, wood, chipboard, you name it, i can pretty much find something to do with it. i like to take new-ish things and make them look not-so-new-ish. however, i haven't been "feeling it" lately. something about the heat and being cooped up in the house for four months takes my creative side and beats it over the head. now with fall here, finally, and my windows open and a good smelling candle going, i'm finally back in my groove.
my mom found an old wooden tray at goodwill. it was cream with a weird minty green edging and ivy leaves painted on it... i didn't get a picture, but you get the picture of how not so cute it was, right? well, we were over at her house the other day and i told her that i would take the ugly tray off of her hands for her... who wants an ugly tray, right? well, after a couple of days of "work", i am finally finished with the tray and it now sits on my dining room table...
my mom found an old wooden tray at goodwill. it was cream with a weird minty green edging and ivy leaves painted on it... i didn't get a picture, but you get the picture of how not so cute it was, right? well, we were over at her house the other day and i told her that i would take the ugly tray off of her hands for her... who wants an ugly tray, right? well, after a couple of days of "work", i am finally finished with the tray and it now sits on my dining room table...
these pumpkins are one of my favorite fall decorations.
i will leave them out until the weekend
after thanksgiving when the Christmas decorations go up.
flowers from my hubby and a candlestick that i bought at a garage sale for $2
happy wednesday!
a





1 comment:
I am feeling it too.... ever since we lived in Colorado I have loved fall. We got to move to places where you felt a definate "fall change" ... (sigh)... I miss it. I kept holding off on putting out the decorations till it cooled off a bit ... so desperate for it to feel fall-y! HHHMM why is it that fall = craftiness. I think it is programmed into us women don't ya think!
p.s. have you ever been on the We are that Family blog? Awesome craftiness there... I have my eyes peeled for a garage sale large mirror after what I saw her do with one!
Post a Comment